नीयत नेक है, भारत एक है

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Congress alleges MNREGA scam even in drought-hit Bundelkhand


Blaming UP Chief Minister for corruption in implementation of welfare scheme for providing employment to the poor, Congress (I) has said Mayawati indulged in the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA) scam even in drought hit Bundelkhand.  People are dying of hunger and unemployment there but Mayawati does not give employment to the poor despite availability of funds under that scheme, said Congress (I).  So much so MNREGA money was spent on purchase of calendars and toys but not a single day’s employment was made available to poor people in some areas for the last four years.  In many places poor people have not been issued BPL cards.  In other places Job Cards have not been given to the poor.  Congress (I) has said this way needy poor have been deprived of the benefit of the welfare scheme. In the name of high breed seeds contaminated and rotten seeds were given to the farmers, Congress (I) said further.


This article is posted by pressbrief.in

No comments: