Lashing out against UP chief minister for not caring about the welfare of the poor women, Congress (I) has said her government swindled money of Janani Sauraksha Yojana (JSY) program. This being one of the welfare programs under NRHM encourages pregnant poor women belonging to BPL category for institutional delivery to reduce child mortality and safe delivery, said Congress (I). As an incentive each women is given Rs 1400 and those assisting in this work are too given monetary incentive. But the money did not reach the targeted poor women. Instead it was swindled by ministers and corrupt officials, said Congress (I). Poor women for whom the money was meant were deprived of their rights. For instance number of cases has been detected where for the same woman time and again the amount has been claimed for having delivered a child every few months. Congress (I) said this demonstrates the non-concern of Mayawati for the poor women.
This article is posted by pressbrief.in

No comments:
Post a Comment