नीयत नेक है, भारत एक है

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Scandal in liquor sale policy of Mayawati govt: Congress (I)


Blaming Mayawati for changing liquor sale policy of the state, Congress (I) has said it is causing loss of revenue to the state while benefiting a private party close to the Chief Minister.  Under old liquor policy licence was given separately for each shop in a transparent manner. State revenue was also increasing 13 to 15% per year. But for no reason Mayawati changed this policy. Under the new policy liquor business has been centralized in the hand of a single company. As a result revenue to the state in the form of excise duty on liquor has fallen sharply, said Congress (I).  The state is going in loses on this account.  This is confirmed by the fact that new targets fixed by the Mayawati government for increasing the revenue are 4% for foreign liquor and 8-9% for country liquor, said Congress (I).


This article is posted by pressbrief.in

No comments: